Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Don't try this at home

OK, this is just silly. But apparently police have just arrested and charged a woman in Batavia, New York, with adultery. She is -- are you sitting down? -- only the thirteenth person ever charged with adultery as a criminal offense (a misdemeanor) in the history of New York State.

That's quite a record for the state, honestly. Only twelve others? And of those, only five have been convicted.

I guess having sex on a park bench in broad daylight in the middle of the afternoon might be a bit of a giveaway? Just a thought.

You can read the story here. I don't make this stuff up, you know .... I'm not nearly that inventive.

1 comment:

Kate said...

very close to where I grew up. I suggest if you're going to do it on a park bench, midday drunk during good weather is not the best time.