Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Dream

The Greeks used to consider the very last dream before you wake up in the morning the most likely to be prophetic. Here's mine from last night.

I am at my desk, at home in some house ... not sure it was ever a real one. My father is leaning over my shoulder picking up scraps of paper off my desk to read them, and I am pulling the scraps out of his hand trying to shoo him away. And then he starts asking me why I haven't finished up the paperwork separating from Wife. I make some kind of noises that I'll get around to it, but I'm not too concerned. He gets agitated and tells me he is very concerned. Also he has been paying a lot of money to make this happen, and why am I not pulling my weight? A lot of money? Yes, he's been paying a private detective to ... not sure what. Collect dirt on Wife, or make sure she doesn't do something dangerous, or something like that. [In reality, he hasn't done anything of the kind.] I comment that I don't think she can do much damage (most of my money is in accounts she can't touch) so I don't see a need to worry. And he answers, "Well nobody under the age of twenty-five agrees with you!" [I think this must have been the equivalent of a typographical error in the dream and that he meant to say "over the age of twenty-five" ... i.e., all my relatives except maybe the boys disagree with me.]

He hasn't really been paying for a detective. And Wife has no ownership on the accounts where my money is kept. So for the most part I really don't think there is much to worry about. But probably I should get my shit together anyway ....

No comments: