Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sex at Dawn


Since when have brand-new books been published with websites already set up to advertise them? Have I missed something here?

I just bought a new book that I learned about via its website. It is called Sex at Dawn: The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality, by Christopher Ryan and Cacilda Jethá, and you can find its website here.

The thesis looks interesting -- that we evolved under conditions of casual promiscuity, and that therefore it is this (and not monogamy) which is natural to us. There is more, and I don't think they say that it would necessarily be all that easy to get back again. But I want to read the book before I critique it.

I think I have mentioned that I have a business trip coming up soon, and I am saving it for the airplane. I'll let you know what I think of it when I am done.




2 comments:

Ms. Inconspicuous said...

I have this on hold at the library. 50 of 162 requests.

hoodie said...

Ooh, there's a kindle version... tempting