Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Several reasons?

I was standing in a bookstore this evening, killing time that I'm sure I could have used more productively, and I stumbled across a fascinating piece of advice. The book was Nassim Nicholas Taleb's Antifragile, and the advice ran something like this: 
If you are trying to decide whether to do something and you have several different reasons to do it, just don't. The only time you come up with multiple reasons is when you are trying to talk yourself into something. If it's something you really want to do, you'll have one reason.
I have a feeling I've talked myself into things in writing, in front of you, in this very blog; though I can't quite remember when or where. But I want to watch for this. Maybe it's true and maybe it ain't, but either way it's very interesting.

No comments: