Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Out of place (a dream)

Last night I dreamed that I had some kind of job at a desk somewhere but that I was roaming the industrial parts of the (very large) plant where I worked looking for something – anything! – to do except my real job. For some reason in the dream I felt huge anxiety about going back to my office to do the stuff I was really supposed to do.

Then the dream shifted and I was on an airplane trying to find anywhere to sit except my assigned seat. I think I detect a theme, although I'm damned if I can tell you for sure what it's trying to tell me.

Finally I dreamed that the airplane was somehow tangled in the branches of a tree, and some guy had opened a hatch in the ceiling so he could climb out on top of the plane to detangle it. And yet I knew that the engines were already running, so that as soon as we were detangled we would shoot up to 35,000 feet. And somehow I found myself hoping that the airline paid this guy really, really well .... OK, that part was probably "just a dream."

I kind of wonder about the rest of it, though ....

No comments: