Monday, December 9, 2013

Hair, part 2: The world is crazy

I just found this article: http://www.independent.com/news/2013/dec/04/men-are-going-bare-down-there/.  And all I can say is that the world is crazy.  Deranged.  Abso-fucking-lutely insane.  A bloody madhouse.

The last time I wrote about this subject was two years ago, and you’d think that I’d have said everything I had to say at that time.  But apparently not.  Never underestimate the world’s ability to outdo any level of craziness you think you can imagine.

Bloody madhouse.




3 comments:

hoodie said...

I suggest you try it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO3pUVbNSnA

Janeway said...

I like this quote from Amy Bloom, in the short story collection "Where the God of Love Hangs Out". The speakers are a couple in their seventies:

“…she told him that she’d heard that young men shaved their balls now. Ray lifted his head and asked if she would like that. I guess I would, she said. Is it unpleasant otherwise? Ray said. Oh, I don’t know, Ellie said. It’s like a mouthful of wet mittens – what do you think?”

Hosea Tanatu said...

Not too likely. If anything we are moving the other direction ... I've persuaded Debbie to stop shaving. Not that it was a hard sell: she didn't shave twenty years ago, and when I asked her when she had started she couldn't remember. Nor could she remember why. So she mulled for a few months without saying anything (it's not like it was a big topic for either of us) and then told me one day out of the blue that she'd decided to stop.

For what it's worth, a woman's body hair seems to grow very slowly post-menopause. At least, to judge by a sample-size of one.