Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Suzie's dream

Now that I’ve told you something about Suzie, I should mention a dream she had last month, right around the Winter Solstice.  She told me about it that Saturday, as we were both working at the place we volunteer.  As Suzie is Wiccan, I had told her something about Wife’s Wiccan past: not a lot, I guess, because there hadn’t been time.  But some.  She has never met Wife and didn’t (at the time) know a lot more about her.
 
Anyway, that Saturday as we were working she said that I had shown up in one of her dreams. 
 
Really? 
 
Yes – she had had a dream in which she and Wife and I all went on vacation somewhere together, and then afterwards moved into a mansion.
 
Vacation … and a mansion.  Interesting.
 
We didn’t take the time to discuss her dream any farther, but I mulled it.  I was particularly interested that she should dream about Wife without knowing anything about her.  I assume that if the dream has any meaning at all, then the vacation – or maybe the mansion – has to have something to do with Wicca: what else did she even know about Wife at that point?  What else could the three of us possibly have in common?
 
It’s also interesting to note that years ago Wife promised Cerridwen (her patron goddess) to bear her a daughter and raise her to be a priestess.  She never fulfilled that promise.  We had two boys and then Wife’s health got bad enough she could never have any more children.  Now she has passed menopause.  But Suzie is just three years older than Son 1; in some hypothetical alternate universe, if Wife had gotten pregnant eight years after we were married, we could have had a daughter exactly Suzie’s age ….
 
 

No comments: