Saturday, May 7, 2016

Radio silence

What ever became of Hosea?

I got busy. It's been a busy time. I've been traveling for work -- enough that for March and April I've been away more than I've been at home. I think I wax in the office three weeks out of two months; it would have been two weeks, but at the last minute one trip was postponed till July.

Son 1 won't be coming home this summer. He's got an internship in another city. It's unpaid, so I'm underwriting the venture. But it's work experience.

Son 2 graduates high school at the end of this month, and is going to college in the fall in a city that's a solid two days' drive from here. He's excited. Just yesterday he asked if he can volunteer for a program whereby he volunteers on a farm in France for some weeks this summer in exchange for room and board. This means, will I buy him a ticket to France?

Wife and I have (I think!) ironed out all the kinks of our separation agreement. Not bad for FOUR YEARS.

And I've been writing a lot, but it's all in emails to Marie. I don't know how this relationship will look in the ling term, but she's my best correspondent by far.

Battery's low. Gotta go.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: