Saturday, April 15, 2017

The sky is grey

My email traffic to Marie hit a lull because I was traveling so much for work, and felt so crappy with my chronic cough, and was just tired. And she wrote me expressing a certain dismay over the fact. Things weren't going any better for her, and she looked forward to my emails to brighten her day ... and now there weren't any. What gives?

Of course she understood, but a couple days later I sent her this in answer:

The sky is grey, the sun is hid;
     I think it's going to rain.
My taxes sit at home, undone;
     My rent is wrong, again.
My body's weak, my muscles hurt;
     I think I've got the flu.
I've eaten ramen for a week;
     I'm craving something new.
And then your fucking emails stop;
     Now what the hell's with that?
If you can't ev'n distract me
     I'll just curl up with my cat!


I can't make it all better;
     All I know is, even this
Will one day be the distant past.
     I sign off with a kiss.

     

No comments: