Sunday, September 9, 2018

Reunion

After years of ignoring the mailers, I decided today to go to my 40th high school reunion, at Hogwarts, this October. If nothing else it will also be a chance to see my mom again before Thanksgiving, since she still lives right nearby.

It's interesting that I decided to return the card, and I'm not sure why I did. The last one I went to was my 25th, 15 years ago, when I was still unemployed. It was OK, I guess, but I don't remember it being particularly fun. They had a Dino-Camp for kids (dinosaur themed stuff to do) so I took the boys, who had an absolute blast. Let's see ... back then, Son 1 would have just turned 7 and Son 2 was 5.

The last one I went to before THAT was my 5th.

Of course I've been on campus since then, as a Parent, because Son 1 attended there too. But it's strange. On the one hand I kind of figure it's time to do this again, if only for the sake of building or renewing contacts. On the other hand I'm really not looking forward to it. Why not? Or, if not, why go? I don't have clear answers to either.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: