Sunday, January 19, 2020

Debbie is coming to town in February

Actually she will be visiting people in several parts of the state. She has quite an itinerary planned, starting with a visit to her mother.

And when she gets to the town where I live? Well she has a lot of friends here too. And there's the Sangha that she'll want to visit ... the Sangha she founded, and that I now visit weekly.

But she also asked me what I'd like to do. And when I sent her a few suggestions she accepted them all, adding, "I would love to spend as much time with you as we can both manage."

I'm pretty sure that offer still excludes fucking. But it is flattering to hear and sends a little frisson down my spine.

Naturally I told Marie that Debbie will be coming to town. I always tell her when Debbie and I are going to meet, though lately it has all been because I traveled to her place. I did, however, not quote the words "as much time ... as we can both manage." If I thought there were a risk of fucking, I would probably feel the need to be more conscientious about an exact quotation. Since there isn't I doubt it matters.

No comments: