Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Debbie and the paranormal

Something else came up during our long conversation over dinner in Balmaha, the night of Day 2. But it didn't really fit in either of my previous accounts of that dinner, neither here nor here.

I already mentioned that I introduced the concept of reincarnation as a metaphor to explain something about how our relationship felt to me. But this also led to a fascinating digression as Debbie started to tell me some stories. As a girl, she had studied Russian in high school. (This was before she traveled to work in the Soviet Union, and long before she married her first husband, who was Russian.) Anyway, while she was learning Russian she would have dreams of herself as a nanny in a Russian household. Then she would wake up with words she hadn't studied yet; and when she took them in to her teacher, sure enough they were correct Russian words meaning just what they had meant in the dream.

Then we talked about other times she had had some kind of extra-sensory knowledge. Once, long after she had stopped any communication with her first boyfriend, she woke up in the middle of the night knowing she just had to call him. So she did, and he told her his father had just had a heart attack. 

More recently, sometime back in 2016 when she and I were communicating only very little, she wrote me an email saying that she thought I had a new girlfriend. (This was of course Marie.) Actually, I told her this story because she didn't remember it. But when I reminded her, she said she was very glad I had Marie in my life.

Just a couple of little notes that I wanted to make sure to tell you about, and they didn't fit in either of the other posts.


          

No comments: