Sunday, April 19, 2015

Lindor chocolate

It's late and this will be very short. I'm in a hotel outside of Faraway City. This week I'm working on another project with Hil. When I arrived at the hotel and we met in the lobby she gave me a great big hug, smiling with her eyes bright ... and handed me a tube of Lindor chocolates from Germany, that she had brought me as a gift. I think it's in the spirit of the jam she brought me last year ... a gift I reciprocated this February when we met for a project in Germany and I brought her some jam I had made at Christmas-time, from the persimmon tree in the vacant lot behind my apartment.

So is this now turning into a running gag? When we meet again in June -- this time in Brazil! -- shall I bring her some specialty chocolates from home? How exactly do I transport chocolate to Brazil without it ending up as a gooey, molten mess? Clearly, though, I'll have to think of something.

And how do I read the bright eyes and the huge grin? She's got a boyfriend and I don't want a girlfriend ... but we keep feeding each other these responses. We don't share a lot of the details of our respective lives, ... we mostly talk just about work, ... but clearly we enjoy being around each other. Something else to ponder.

No comments: