Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It never rains but it pours ....

I just got a call at work from Boyfriend 4, who was leaving his oncologist's office. His oncologist wants to put him on another round of chemotherapy, and also gave him a prognosis:

18-24 months.

That's with the chemo ... more like 6 months without. And his question to me was, "Do we tell Wife?" (It was in order to ask that question that he called me first and not her.)

I said obviously she will have to know some time; but the question is when. (Jokingly, I told him "She should be told some time in the next 5 years." And he laughed.) I added that I'm not really sure of the answer; but I'll think about it and he and I should talk some more.

He also bought an RV, so he can drive around visiting people -- his family, us, other friends -- and stop paying for his apartment.

So the plot of our little soap opera has another wrinkle to it, I guess ....
.

No comments: