Saturday, August 28, 2010

I have lost the thread of this blog

It is pretty obvious that my posting has dropped off. OK, fine, that happens. But a couple of minutes ago I realized one of the reasons why my posting has dropped off. I don't know what I am writing any more.

This blog started out as a way for me to come to understand my marriage better. Then gradually it turned into a chronicle of my affair with D. And occasionally I would drop in posts on other topics that had been on my mind. So at this point, what exactly am I writing here?
  • A string of complaints about Wife? That'll get repetitious pretty quickly.
  • A chronicle of divorce? I figure that's a couple years out at this point. Long wait.
  • A narrative about me and D? Well, I try to post something each time we get together; but other than that, the relationship has hit a fairly even level, by which I mean that it is not changing rapidly at this point. So what parts are worth telling and what aren't?
  • A diary? Probably more interesting if you knew us all personally ... and probably not even then. Who wants to read somebody else's diary except for the occasional juicy parts? "Today I went to work. Then I had a sandwich for lunch. I had to answer e-mails that were even more inane than usual." Gosh, I'm all a-quiver.
  • An anthology of philosophical insights? Right. Another long wait.

So you see the problem. I don't really know what I am writing. And that makes it hard to sit down and get the writing done, even when I have a chance. I could ask you what you feel like reading, but since I've gone private there aren't even that many of you out there ... and some of those have (I think) largely given up on the blogosphere. Still, if there is something you'd like to see in this space, feel free to let me know because I am kind of short of ideas right now ....

3 comments:

Ms. Inconspicuous said...

Well, there are always going to be times when you don't feel like writing, or you don't know what to write. In that case, don't.

Then there will be times that grip you and you just have to get it out somehow--whatever it is; profound life change/discovery to amusement at an anecdote. That's when you write.

:)

Jane said...

Why don't you go public again?

Most bloggers quit and stop writing but I love your commitment.

Write about whatever was/is interesting to Hosea, no matter how small, random, or insignificant it may seem. The subject is irrelevant right?

Though reading about your home/romance life is interesting, feel free to just write whatever captivates you.

hoodie said...

No fucking idea brother hosea, but if I have a flash of inspiration, I'll most assuredly share it with you.