Saturday, April 30, 2011

What should a guy wear to bed?

Oh, I almost forgot. D wanted me to ask all of you a question, as an opinion poll.

Thursday night, when I was so depressed, I was also cold; so I put on a white T-shirt when I climbed into bed. In and around the rest of our discussion Friday morning, D carped about the T-shirt.

"What?" I asked. "I was cold."

"So we'll put another blanket on the bed, but come to bed naked."

"Does it matter that much?"

"Absolutely! Ask your friends who read your blog whether a man should wear a cotton T-shirt to bed or be stark naked. They'll all tell you he should be naked ...."

You realize, of course, that it wasn't a serious disagreement -- we had serious things to discuss that morning, and that wasn't one of them. But hey, she asked me to ask you (smiling as she did so), so I'm passing the question along ....

5 comments:

hoodie said...

I'm not one to base any important lifestyle decisions upon, but definitely not a white cotton t-shirt ;)

Ms. Inconspicuous said...

I like naked.

If there are small relatives in the house that are liable to come in the bedroom unannounced, then boxers are acceptable.

T-shirts are okay, I suppose, but it sends a pretty clear "hands off" signal to me.

Dina said...

I like naked too.

Anonymous said...

Vote for full nakedness as well.

H will never do that, just for the record..."The boys need a home"...

*laughs*

Kate said...

I have to agree with Ms. I