Thursday, January 10, 2013

Wife's sleepover -- for real!

The boys are both back at boarding school, after the holidays.  My new boss (we just reorganized at work) told me that his new boss is in town, and would I like to join the team for dinner?  Sure ... they are bound to be better company than Wife.  So I texted her that I'd be home late and eating dinner out.

Then at 7:00 pm she texted me:
Going out to dinner w/ a friend. Might be home late. If I'm up too late, I'll sleep in the guest room, so don't worry.
OK, so she's not going to be at home either.  Fine, whatever.  I didn't really understand what she was saying about a "guest room" -- we don't have one -- but I didn't think about it much.  I figured she meant she'd go sleep in the boys' room, which she does anyway these days if they are gone.  Better than sleeping with me, I guess.  We both like it better.

I didn't think much more about it until after I was finally home and she wasn't here yet ... and then at 10:40 pm she texted me:
I'm heading for guest room. Nite.
And then it clicked.  She meant she'd be sleeping in his guest room!  Which of course probably meant that she'd be fucking him and just didn't want to say so.  OK, now I get it.

Gosh, I wonder who she's with?

Fortunately or not, Wife never logs out of OKCupid.  So I checked her account and found a conversation yesterday with someone brand-new ... I mean someone she just conversed with for the first time yesterday ... that ended with "Can I buy you dinner? Here's my number."  I have no proof that this is the same guy she's spending the night with, but it sounds suggestive.

Quick work, babe.

No comments: