Tuesday, August 6, 2013

"Wait, what?"

A couple of evenings ago, the boys and I were having dinner at my apartment.  My phone happened to be sitting on the table because I had picked up a text from Debbie a few minutes before (and then carefully clicked back to the home screen).  Son 1 wanted to know what time it was, so he casually reached out and picked up my phone.  I was worried there might be another text from Debbie at any time, so I plucked it out of his hand.

Son 1: Hey, what’s the problem?

Son 2 [in a sarcastic deadpan]: He doesn’t want you to see all his girlfriends.

Hosea: [splutters inarticulately]

Son 1: What? You mean there’s more than one?

Son 2: Wait, what? You mean there’s even one??

Both: That can’t be! You’re fifty … and you have grey hair … and you’re flabby!  You’re not allowed to have a life!

No comments: