Saturday, October 19, 2013

Paying your bills on time (a dialog of text messages)

Hosea:  AT&T just sent me an email that the mobile phone bill is overdue.

Wife:  I haven't paid bills this week getting ready for the weekend. [Son 2 has a week-long break from school, all of it with Wife. Also I guess she has other things going on too.]  Will pay them all Sunday.  My service is so bad I think I should get a 50 percent discount.  Hopefully this will be the last full month.  [She wants to cancel this plan and get a new one.]

Hosea:  Unfortunately it still counts as late despite all that.  Don't you keep track of when your bills are due, to avoid this???

Wife:  No.  I'm still trying to unpack the study and just unearthed the vertical file in which I kept all those things.  [You will recall that she moved over a month ago; how long does this take?]  All mail requiring my attention is currently in a big pile, apart from the big pile of filing and the other one of information.  This week I haven't done any paperwork and only just looked for the e-mails you sent me.  I'm just moving in and spent today cleaning so Son 2 won't be absolutely ill when I pick him up in the morning.  Still didn't finish, so will get up at 5:00am to try some more before I get him at 8:00.  Other stuff budgeted this weekend, though, include my nephew bringing a rocker back, so not till Sunday or Monday morning and then there's other stuff on the schedule too, so I have to squeeze in business including sending a budget to you AFTER I call City Hall again, into the mix ASAP.

Hosea:  Whatever.  Just remember that none of what you have said stops you from getting in trouble when your bills are late, so I would have thought you'd want to prevent that from happening.  But you're a big girl so you get to make your own decisions.

No comments: