Friday, February 28, 2014

Is it hard for women to write about sex? Really??

I saw an article in The Atlantic Monthly recently called "Why is it so hard for women to write about sex?"  You can find it here: http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/03/why-is-it-so-hard-for-women-to-write-about-sex/357574/

It's an interesting article, I guess, but I kept finding myself thinking, "Wait ... what?"  Many of the sex blogs I used to read (probably most of them, in fact) were written by women.  Some of them were beautifully written, exquisitely, evocatively.  So what is this author talking about?

Maybe she really means, Why is it so hard for her to write about sex?  She says she's working on a sex memoir, and that it is very tough going.  OK, that may well be true.  I'd probably find it tough going too.

But women?  Maybe reaching a bit too far there ....

No comments: