Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wait ... what?

I want to jot down a couple of stories, quickly, just in case there is ever a legal inquiry about Wife’s competence.  If I know these are written somewhere, then I can retrieve them at need.

Wife has to fill out a form for Social Security, telling them how she spent the money they sent her last year on behalf of the boys.  She asked me for data and I sent her a bunch.  Only there was one bank transaction I didn’t recognize, so I listed it and said maybe she had withdrawn this money.  That was all in one e-mail.  A while later I realized this was a bank error that had been corrected later the same day, so I sent her a second e-mail explaining the error and giving her the correct figures.  It was to this, the second (corrected) e-mail, that she replied saying “I didn’t withdraw that money so I have no idea what it could have been.”

She also asked me to go online and order her a refill on her vicodin prescription.  I went online and couldn’t find any prescription to refill, so I sent her an e-mail saying so.  She replied thanking me for having refilled her vicodin prescription.

Wait … what?  Did you read either of these communications before answering them?  I’m guessing maybe not.

OK, I tried to explain better in both cases and we’ll see what happens.  But meanwhile I’m writing them down.  Bizarre behavior on the part of a soon-to-be-separated spouse should always be memorialized.


No comments: