Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Questionnaire 1

Oh, Debbie sent me a book about Al-Anon, which has a two-page list of intake questions.  She asked me to think about the questions seriously: then if they mostly apply, maybe I should join an Al-Anon group; if not, maybe not.  I told her I would think them through seriously.

There are twenty questions in all.  So whenever I don't really know what to write about, I'll take the next one in line and tackle it.  Here's the first:  

When difficulties occur, do you need someone to blame, even if it is yourself?

No.  Sometimes shit just happens.  I don't remember how I would have answered that question thirty years ago.  But after thirty years of having to pull Wife down off her high horse when she started blaming every Tom, Dick, and especially Harry for whatever bad luck she was having just then, I have certainly been cured of any tendency I might ever hypothetically have had in that direction.  That one's easy.    

No comments: