Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Championship complaining

Oh, I just remembered another fun interchange with the boys, a few days ago.  I was describing one of the senior engineers at work -- a truly brilliant man I'll call Frank, but one with a gift for marathon complaining.  Anyway, I mentioned Frank in the story of my day and ...

Son 2: Is he the one that's always complaining?

Hosea: Oh yes. He could win prizes at it. You could set him up against any world-class complainer.

Son 1: Mom?

Hosea: [pauses, thinks] Yeah, Frank could hold his own against Mom. You know, that's actually a funny image -- suppose Frank and Mom had met and fallen in love and gotten married ....

Son 1: [obvious stage shudder]

Hosea: Well I was just trying to imagine what the household would be like.

Son 1: See, you're trying to imagine what the household would look like from the outside. I'm imagining growing up in it!

No comments: