Sunday, March 1, 2020

My cough is back

Back in the spring of 2017 I had a chronic cough that seemed to last forever. I didn't really understand what caused it, although it seemed linked to some kind of post-nasal drip. It lasted so much longer than any cold ought to have that I blamed it on allergies ... except that it followed me wherever I went. Finally on one of my trips for work that spring I promised a co-worker that I would see a doctor as soon as I got home. She warned me she would follow up with me closely because she took promises "very seriously"; so I did go, and my doctor treated me for allergies. After a while the cough went away. I thought I had written about it here, but the only references I can find are this poem (which I added fairly recently and back-dated) and this one.

Well, it's back. I started this post On January 19, and that weekend was when I first noticed it. It hasn't gone away since. I've tried treating it the way I did three years with at best limited success: a month and a half later, it still hasn't gone away. Of course last time it lasted a lot longer than that.

Should I go to the doctor? Maybe. I probably won't.
    

No comments: