Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy anniversary


A year ago today, I walked off of an airplane and into D's embrace. Nothing has ever been the same since that day, nor ever will again.

__________


“Your body is a temple,” you’ve been told,
And so it is – to Venus of the Foam:
An altar decked with perfume, incense, gold,
A shelter where Her doves can find a home.

A holy font to bless me is your kiss;
Your neck, a tower calling me to prayer;
Your breasts, an ikon of the Queen of Bliss,
Whose glory shines about your rich black hair.

So loving you, my prayers to Venus run,
That She might sanctify our path as right:
To walk together underneath the Sun,
And love each other in the honest night.

Thus tangled on your honeyed bed we lie,
Envelopped in the musk of sanctity.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to wish you a happy anniversary, H. I liked this post.

Thankfully, things didn't stay the same.