Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"What were you thinking???" part 2

Fortunately, life is a series of anticlimaxes. After a few days, Wife got a Money-gram from Boyfriend 4 covering the missing money. And after that, his accounts were all closed.

I told the story to D, who was a little surprised that he sent us the money. (Truthfully, so was I.) Her comment was simply, "If he's not going to live more than another 18 months, what motive does he have to pay any of it back?" But he did pay it, along with plenty of apologies and some words about "oldest friends". So another drama over and done with.

I am writing this on my way home from another trip; I wonder if there will be any new dramas awaiting me?

3 comments:

Lynn said...

hopefully no new dramas, the current ones are bad enuf. lol.
i am officially divorced and am very happy..now to get the old house sold and sever almost all ties (unfortunately - as long as i have a child receiving support, ex will be in the pic.. so.. soon )
hugz to you Hosea!

hoodie said...

Yes :)

Kyra said...

Of course if he's going to die in 18 months what motive does he have to not pay it back? He can't exactly take it with him.

Also, I'm kind of surprised by D... I thought she would have far more faith in people to do the right thing than I would.

I am glad it worked out.