Friday, July 20, 2012

Dinner with the Consultant

I had dinner with the Consultant a couple nights ago.  It was a lovely place -- elegant food, fine wine, nothing but the best when the company is paying for it.  We talked a lot about the things going on in his life: he is very busy from a work perspective, but his new wife's children by her first husband are proving a major trial.  We talked briefly about Wife and home.  And we talked about my relationship with D.

I explained that I have been having doubts for some time (see e.g. this post and the first part of this one), that we really haven't seen each other more than twice since the two of us saw him last year, and that the philosophical bickering is getting tiring.  (The latest topic is that D is taking me to task once again for dissenting even slightly from her opinions about environmentalism.)  He didn't say a lot other than that he was there for me to talk to, but I think it was useful for me to articulate in words a lot of what I was feeling.  Oh, I talk to myself of course; but this is different.  

Not a lot more to say on this front, except that I think my dinner with the Consultant helped me formulate the letter that shows up in my next post. 

No comments: