Saturday, February 23, 2013

Why does Wife keep doing this?

Saturday night.  Son 1 has gone back to school.  Son 2 goes back tomorrow.  We have dinner out, then come home and watch a movie.  Son 2 goes to bed.  Wife takes her night-time pills and then goes into the back bathroom for something.  I'm dawdling till they are both in bed to see if I have any e-mails from Debbie.

After five or ten minutes I hear a low moan from the back bathroom.  Was that a trick of the wind, or what?  I go back, and Wife is slumped in the sink.  Her face is pressed against the mirror.  Her glasses are cockeyed and half off her face.  She is unconscious and incoherent.

Sigh.  This again.

I get her into bed and get her glasses off.  I try to talk to her but it's no use.  I ask her, "What are you going to do when you are living alone?"  She mumbles something that makes no sense.  Son 2 sounds like he is still awake, so of course he hears the whole interchange.  I should have been quieter.

Why will she never learn that as soon as she takes her night-time meds she has to get in bed right away because they will knock her out?  How hard is this to figure out?

I need a drink.

Oh, by the way I just found out that Debbie doesn't drink.  (sigh)  Maybe she'll be a good influence on me.

Maybe not.  I wonder what we've got a bottle of in the house ....

No comments: