Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Property and progress, 2

Wife and I are moving forward on a couple of fronts.

Finally, after long last, Wife has turned in her Income and Expense Declaration, saying how much money she wants per month.  It’s too much, of course, but at least it’s a starting point.  Now we can begin discussing with some kinds of real numbers in front of us.

Also we got an offer on the house.  After a little fussing around we made a counteroffer which the buyer accepted.  Right now he is scheduling his inspections, to see if the place worth buying at all.  But he has already agreed not to ask us to fix anything.  The only question is whether he’ll find something to scare him off altogether.  We won’t make a lot on this transaction, but we should be able to clear the debts and have some loose change left over.  And that’s a good thing.  Cross your fingers for us.

One thing struck my notice.  Of course I realize that it’s a coincidence and all that, … but I couldn’t help counting out the days on my fingers and realizing that escrow will close just one year – pretty much to the day – since I told Wife I want a divorce.  Very ... tidy ... how these things work out!


No comments: