Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Working with Hil

It's late.  I'm tired.  I should be sleeping.  I'll keep this short.

Hil and I continue to work together on this project.  She goes off one direction, I go off another, then we come back and integrate what we've done.  We laugh together a lot.  She comments about a lot of other projects she has coming up, and wonders out loud if there's some way I could be assigned to help with them ... because, gosh, she needs someone with my expertise who also belongs to the business unit I do, and there ain't many of us.  Over dinner she laughs at my funny stories, and she spends more time than she used to making eye contact while laughing.  We haven't gotten to the point of sitting quietly staring straight at each other like I did during my first lunch with Debbie.  But it's still eye contact.

I sure don't want "a relationship" right now.  I find I can go days or weeks without even wanting sex.  There's no great desire behind me pushing me forward here.  I'm just really interested in watching this dynamic unfold, almost as if under its own power.  Fascinating. 

No comments: