Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Eating through the week

Very briefly ... it's late, I'm tired, ... you know the drill.

Of course I chose the title of this post deliberately to echo this one; the week has been similar, but also different.
  • As before, it seems to me that I'm eating a lot.
  • But -- unlike before -- it feels like I'm actually hungry when mealtimes roll around. I'm not doing anything to burn off the food, so I'm not sure what that's about. Habit, maybe.
  • I have no idea what I weigh right now. The hotel might have a scale in the exercise room, but I haven't checked. Meanwhile, my belt is tight after dinner, but not especially tight in the middle of the morning.
  • Unlike some weeks that I've felt especially hungry, I haven't really had a chance to drink anything alcoholic (just coffee and water this week) and the absence doesn't bother me. I don't especially crave it ... at least not right now.  If I had it I'd probably drink it, but as much out of boredom as anything else.
  • And to tag along with the previous point, I haven't been masturbating either. For all that I think there is an undercurrent of flirting going on between Hil and me, I don't find myself wanting sex. Really not at all, which is kind of strange. Sometimes I feel like I want to want sex (because it's weird to have the desire go missing); other times I feel relieved not to have to deal with it -- free, the way Sophocles described himself in the opening pages of Plato's Republic.
  • So it's just eating.
Time's up.  Time for bed.  Nighty-night, all ....

No comments: