Friday, January 1, 2016

Holiday wrap-up

I just realized last night that I've written nothing about the holidays themselves. Time was when I always wrote some kind of Christmas post, but not this year. It's been all good, but I'm not sure how much of a story there is to tell.

The boys were with me for a week and a half, ending on Christmas Eve. I was off work most of that time because the company wants us to burn down our accumulated vacation as a cost-savings measure. So we talked; I did a little Christmas shopping and rather more Christmas baking. I made a big vat of persimmon jam (see, e.g., here). 

The three of us went to see "Star Wars 7" with Jack and Jill, and then afterwards had dinner at their place: no drunken carousing, but good food and lots of fun conversation. Then we drove to my mother's place (the same house she bought with my father 43 years ago) to have Christmas with her, plus Brother and his wife. It was a fun time for all, and on Christmas Eve I drove the boys to spend the remainder of the holiday with Wife. I spent several hours on Christmas Day at my volunteer work, and I have spent the ensuing week still off work (see remarks above) and watching a lot of movies. Maybe today I'll clean my apartment.

Not a lot to tell, but a pleasant couple of weeks.  

No comments: