Tuesday, January 19, 2016

I think I've been forgiven

Back in this letter to Marie, I said I wouldn't ask her forgiveness for acting like such a shit during the time we knew each other. A while later she wrote back saying fine, then she wouldn't worry about giving it.

But really, I think we're there.

I told you about this e-mail that I got on New Year's Day. I replied. I was planning to keep you up to date on the continuing conversation, but that's going to be a little impractical. The next exchange was a week later, but it has rapidly turned into one or more e-mails back and forth every day or two. Some of these are very long. (She sent me one -- her version of what happened between us and after -- that came to seven pages when copied into MS Word. Her version is very different from mine, and actually I look better in hers. Just a bit.)

Oh, ... and we are signing off our e-mails to each other with "Love".

I don't think it's turning into a romance ... certainly not a conventional one. She lives 1100 miles from here and very emphatically is not looking for a romantic partner. Neither am I, though not as emphatically.

But I think she has gotten past being mad at me.

Some day I'll get around to posting the rest of the back story ....
  

No comments: