Friday, February 19, 2016

Asynchronous reporting

It looks like I haven't been writing a lot lately, but that's not really true. What's true is that most of my writing has been e-mails and text messages to Marie.

The only way I'll ever be able to catch up the story is to start posting those here, or excerpts from them. And the only way to keep the chronology straight is to post them as of the time they were really written, not as of the time I get around to pasting them into this blog.

That means going back in time and posting things in the past. If anybody is actually following this blog at this point -- which I suspect nobody is -- there's a risk you could find it confusing. You'll log in today and see seven posts in January plus one (this one) in February; later you'll come back and if you only look at what has a date later than this one you might see nothing new ... even if a bunch more posts have been added in January.

So consider this a WARNING: when writing about Marie and my developing relationship with her, I will not restrict myself to posting in current time. You may have to back up. I won't give anything a date earlier than November 28, 2015, so you won't have that far back to go. If I remember, I'll add a note explaining what day I actually posted something.

In fact, the next post I write after this will be dated a week ago. So please don't be confused.

This has been a public service announcement from your blog management .... 
 

No comments: