Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Yes where do you start?

I saw this post on Twitter the other day:

And I really wanted to reply, agreeing. What is so distinctively "feminine" about "innocence"? How does "innocence" differ from ignorance? And so on.
 
I didn't say anything. I don't have a Twitter account in the name "Hosea" and I decided at the last minute not to create a trail on this kind of topic under my real name. But oh heavens, did I want to!


Fortunately when I sought out the original post she was replying to, lots of other people were already chiming in. I think one of my favorite questions was, "If a woman loses a certain amount of femininity every time she fucks a man, does she gain it back again if she fucks a woman? Does that mean that, for instance, an M-F-F triangle is neutral on this score? Can you let me know by Friday?"
 
There were others in a similar vein. It was fun to read.
  

No comments: