Sunday, September 18, 2022

My latest tagline

I think I've got a new tagline to post on the header of this blog.

It's the punchline to one of Grendel Briarton's shaggy-dog stories starring his time-traveling hero Ferdinand Feghoot. Feghoot has traveled back to the Middle Ages, where, on visiting the Basilica di Santa Sabina all'Aventino, he finds that Thomas Aquinas (who was resident there) has given up theology for the pleasures of the bath. Feghoot confronts him and urges him to get back to work, but Thomas says, "Oh, I could wallow in these baths forever."

"That may be," replies Feghoot, "but one's wallow won't make a Summa!"

That's where I am. I think I've decided that the point of this post-employment period is for me to write, and so I am discovering every possible distraction to prevent myself from writing! So maybe Feghoot is talking to me, too.

It's even six words long, provided you accept the contraction in won't. So I can call it a six-word memoir.

Back to work, dammit.

      

No comments: