Friday, July 28, 2023

Becalmed, 4

I wonder if I can write a post where all of the heavy lifting is done by links to other posts? This might just be the one.

I wrote a little while ago about feeling listless. Also about drinking too much.

So far this month has been a little better on the drinking front (though I'm scared of jinxing that if I say too much). But I'm still not getting a whole lot done. I had hoped that the interview with Andrew Tate would inspire me. And indeed it did inspire me to imagine getting my shit together. That's not the same as actually doing it, though.

Just a few minutes ago, I looked up this post from nine years ago where I break down the actual mechanism that allows self-discipline to work. I'm glad that I was clever enough to figure this all out. Maybe I should try actually doing it.

Maybe it's time for bed just now.

          

No comments: