Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Going to Paris

NOTE: This post was written three weeks in the future and back-dated to the day it happened.

This will be quick. Just a bookmark or a placeholder.

Marie and I have talked about places we want to travel in the future. Back before the pandemic we went to Greece and to New Zealand, for example. We've accumulated a number of places on the list, but one of them has always been Paris. It was always something we discussed in the manner of "someday it would be nice." We never made any definite plans. And after going to Scotland in the spring, I kind of thought it would be prudent to wait a year before traveling internationally again.

But recently I learned that in 2024 it is going to become more difficult for Americans to enter Europe. (See the link here, for details.) This was something I learned from doomscrolling Twitter, so I suppose it's not a complete loss that I waste so much time at it. Anyway, I contacted Marie right away and told her, in effect, "If you want to go to Paris, we'd better go this year."

Today we spent a few hours on the phone together, evaluating flights and hotels and ultimately reserving both. So in November we'll be going to Paris for two weeks. I don't know if I can promise the same kind of travelogue I brought home from Scotland, but I suppose maybe. We'll see.    

          

No comments: