Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Narcissism 101: A fragment

Evening. Hosea enters.

Hosea: Hi there. What did we get in the mail?

Wife: Just ads. I recycled them all.

Hosea: Uh huh. [Pause.] Oh wait, look -- there's a Netflix disk in the recycling.

Wife: Well I sure didn't put it there!

Hosea: Ummm, ... OK, but I've been at work all day.

Wife: Well I obviously didn't mean to recycle it!

Hosea: No, I never said that. I just don't want to recycle the damned thing by accident instead of returning it, because they'll charge us.

Wife: Fine! It must be my fault because everything around this house always is!

Hosea: I never said that either. Geez ... just let it go.

Wife: You just get the fuck out of the kitchen and out of my way while I make dinner, huh?

Hosea: OK ... going ... going ....

But shit, why is it such a goddamned big deal in the first place?

1 comment:

Janeway said...

Well, see, you were supposed to have picked it up out of the recycling, not said anything and then sent it back to Netflix. Oh, and thanked her for getting and going through the mail.

Oh, yeah, and for making dinner as well.

That, after all, is the job of narcissist's satellites.