Sunday, December 9, 2012

Eating while drinking, 2

Is it just me, or has anybody else found that different kinds of alcohol work differently on them?  I find that wine and beer make me sleepy and sluggish, while spirits – whiskey, brandy, vodka – are more likely to energize me if I sip them slowly.  It’s strange.  I can drink a glass or three of wine with dinner, and I’m ready for bed.  But if I then pour myself a nightcap of something stonger, I can stay up for hours.  I may have to refresh the nightcap, of course, and I won’t vouch for how I feel in the morning if I make a late night of it.  But it intrigues me that the same chemical can have such different effects.

Meanwhile, I am putting on weight again.  I mentioned in an earlier post that I have been drinking more regularly as a way to damp down the anxiety of living with Wife.  And elsewhere I believe I have mentioned that drinking encourages me to eat more.  Q.E.D.  At this point I figure I’ll cut back when I’m somewhere else.

God, I have got to get out of here!

1 comment:

Janeway said...

These are physical manifestations of what's happening in your head and heart. To continue in this way will, literally and figuratively, take your life. You do, indeed, need to get out.