Friday, June 21, 2013

Property and progress

Progress!  Wife and I met today over lunch and signed with a real estate agent to list our house for sale!  She (the agent) showed us some recent sales in our area, and it seems likely that we might even have a couple of bucks left over in our pockets after we pay off all the debts.  Not wealth, you understand, but anything would be nice.

I was humming and whistling all the way back to the office.  I mean … our house is nice enough, as houses go (or it would be if we’d ever taken care of it).  Really, there’s nothing seriously wrong with it that a little investment and sweat wouldn’t fix.  If any of you is looking for a nice fixer-upper or else a place to start a small family, let me put you in touch with our agent.

The only thing is that I never wanted to own a house at all – not really, although I talked myself into it for a little while.  But really I went along with buying the place to please Wife, and for nineteen years it’s been a weight on my mind and heart that I had to be responsible for it.  And in fact the house deserves better than to be owned by somebody who doesn’t want to own property.

And soon, I won’t any more.  Progress.

No comments: