Monday, September 7, 2020

Movie meme, 7 (The boys as adults)

Back when I first wrote the movie meme, the boys were still just kids. They were 12 and 10. So the fact that I picked kid actors to represent them was fully appropriate.

They are older now. They no longer look like the juvenile Mickey Rooney or the pre-adolescent Jake Lloyd. So it's time to replace those with new faces.

I've made these choices based largely on looks. Both actors are versatile enough to have played a lot of different characters, and I don't have any specific roles in mind. But the appearance is about right.

Son 1: A young Jeff Bridges. 

Son 1 has a kind of ursine good cheer that Jeff Bridges could handle well. His beard is usually unkempt, and his hair is usually a little unruly. But he is cheerful and doesn't let himself get ruffled. It's not that I think he's going to turn out like The Dude in later life -- at the very least, he's gainfully employed. But he's not going to let the world get to him, either. Son 1 abides.



Son 2: Chris Pratt

I don't have anything very intelligent to say about this choice. Son 2 is leaner than Son 1, and more athletic. They are both bearded, but Son 2 is more likely to have trimmed his beard some time in the last month. Somehow Chris Pratt seems like he looks about right. That's all.
____________________

Somewhere along the line I should collect all these bits and pieces and re-do the whole Dramatis Personae all at once. Until I get around to that, though, you can find the earlier installments here, here, here, here, here. here, and here. (Yes, that's already seven installments even though I'm calling this one "number seven." One of them didn't have the words "Movie meme" in the title.)
         

No comments: