Saturday, November 6, 2021

Fun with health insurance, part 1

NOTE: I am writing this post in January 2023, but posting it back here where it belongs chronologically. Anyway it's really just a placeholder. But it's a topic I refer to glancingly from time to time.

One of the consequences of losing my job has been losing health insurance. Last month I tried to buy some privately through the ACA exchanges, but for a variety of crazy reasons that didn't go as planned. In the end, I signed up for a COBRA continuation plan from my company. Yes, I know COBRA is supposed to cost way more than any ACA plan. This time it doesn't. The world is crazy.

I explain what happened when I get to part 2, which also tells you how the whole situation plays out over time. Part 2 is dated January 2023. You can find part 2 here.

      

No comments: