Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wife's nightmare

Wife had a nightmare last night. She was in a wheelchair and we were walking along the streets of a very hilly city. We were going up a steep hill and she started slipping backwards, rolling faster and faster away from me, out of control. Meanwhile I appeared not to notice and kept marching on forwards. She feared she would crash.

She told me about this dream this morning. Does it mean anything? I told her I don't know. Fact is, there are all kinds of things I can do with the symbolism of her being swept away from me and into danger she can't see by forces beyond her control. But I didn't think it would exactly win me any points to say so, and I kept my mouth shut.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have dreams like that sometimes and it still feels like I fell a flight of stairs even after I wake up.

I heard that falling or the fear of falling duringa dream means something. I forgot what.