Thursday, September 25, 2008

Is blogging bad for my waistline?

Over the last few months I have noticed a very slow but steady expansion in my waistline, and I have tried to figure out what has changed in my life that could account for it. I've decided to blame it on blogging.

This sounds silly or frivolous, and I am really only about 10% serious. But that 10% does have a couple of plausible reasons behind it. Typically the only time during the workday that I have the time or leisure to get any exercise it at lunch; if I spend my lunch hour updating this blog -- or reading others -- that's time spent not exercising. (And it's not like I was a really committed, gung-ho exerciser to begin with.) The other time of day that I spend in the blogosphere is late at night, after the rest of the family has gone to bed; and typically if I stay up late on the computer I have some kind of snack at my elbow.

So there you have it: blogging is responsible for my expanding waistline. Of course, like most things that are bad for you, it's also too much fun for me to want to give it up. I sure hope nobody has come up with a 12-step program for blogging ....

2 comments:

Kyra said...

Aha! You're right of course. That is my problem too.

Now (Kyra says, holding hands like an old-fashioned scale), should I go work out or blog?

You decide...

;-)

Hosea Tanatu said...

I get to decide? Oh that's easy, because you've posted pictures. There is way more value for all of us if you sit down and blog!

And you can't tell me you would disregard the greatest good for the greatest number, can you?

;-)