Sunday, March 24, 2013

Another link from Frederica

While I'm at it (compare my immediately previous post), here is another early essay that I early expected to write about or comment on, again from the same Frederica Mathewes-Green that I referenced just a minute ago.  Its subject is similar to the question I was taking up in my three-part essay back in ... gosh, I think it was summer of 2008 ... on "Why is adultery a betrayal?"

I'm no longer sure that I think adultery is a betrayal, or not always, but I don't think I can back off from my basic thoughts in that essay about the meaning of sex (see the middle essay in particular).  And while Frederica seems to occupy a different place on the cultural map than anywhere I have set up camp, she says many of the same things too, if in a slightly different way.

I really don't understand any of this stuff.  Here's the link:

No comments: