Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Told Debbie about the blog

I’ve had breakfast with Debbie a couple mornings this week, leaving the house early and heading over to her place.  (This morning also included some very energetic sex before breakfast. Afterwards Debbie told me she really hadn’t thought she was in the mood … she had just woken up and was feeling kind of crummy … but, well, that was before I got there and we started kissing. For my part, I couldn’t help reflecting that in many ways a woman is at her most beautiful when she lies sprawled with abandon, tousled, sweaty, and flushed. Priceless. Sorry, I digress.)

Anyway, over breakfast I asked her about a story she had alluded to some days before, which turned out to be about one of her former lovers.  I’ve heard about several of these men by now – along with her two ex-husbands – and it has made me feel the discussion is a little one-sided since my own count of lovers is so much smaller.  I don’t want to give her lurid details unless she asks for them; but after listing Wife, D, and her – oh, and one girlfriend in college – I’m pretty much at the end.  So I have encouraged her to ask me for my stories if she ever wants to.

And this morning after she finished her own story (and briefly alluded to the next one, like Scheherazade) she asked, “So tell me about this woman you write to out on the Internet.”

She meant Janeway.  Some time last week Debbie had been giving me some advice about the divorce process and I said yes, I had heard that somewhere else too.  Where?  Oh, … umm … someone I e-mail back and forth occasionally.  But we don’t know each other in real life.  We met on the Internet.  At the time, Debbie let it drop.  But this morning she asked.

I tried to think how much to say, but then reflected how much she has told me about her life and figured it would be only fair to give her the whole story.  So I told her about the blog, and a little bit about the (now largely quiet) infidelity blog community we had for a while.  I didn’t give her the name Hosea, nor the URL, nor did I volunteer an invite.  And while I didn’t explicitly say that I am still writing, I spoke in the present tense and never said I had stopped.  She may come back and ask more later.  But in the process I explained that one of the people I had met this way has given me a certain amount of very good advice about the divorce process, even though I have been kind of sluggish about implementing it.  That seemed to satisfy her.

But now she knows that there is a blog, at any rate.  I wonder if she will ask more later ….



No comments: