Sunday, March 24, 2013

Marrying young?

Is there a case for marrying young?  Well hell, you can make a case for anything.  But just today I saw this on The Atlantic's online site:

It reminded me of an article I saw years before, back before I started blogging, back when I was more whole-heartedly dedicated to marriage for better or worse until-death-do-us-part ... an article which, honestly, I expected to wite about in the early days of this blog and never got around to:

I'm less committed to marriage these days, ... obviously.  I'm less sure it is the right thing.  I'm more willing to think in terms of "promiscuous but choosy".  (See, e.g., my posts about the book Sex at Dawn.)

But I can't dismiss these articles as illogical or stupid.  I think I understand marriage and love a lot less well than I used to think I did.

1 comment:

hoodie said...

I liked this follow-up from TNC http://www.theatlantic.com/sexes/archive/2013/04/if-you-want-to-be-married-young-you-should-marry-while-young/274585/