Monday, August 3, 2020

Laid off tomorrow?

This afternoon the Regional President for our Business Unit in the USA sent a meeting invitation for a mandatory 30-minute phone call with everyone who works at my location, with the topic "business situation." (Phone call because of course he's in another state.)

Mandatory.

Everyone who works at my location, but nobody else.

"Business situation" in the middle of a pandemic when we know the company is bleeding money.

And when they've already made a big deal of saying they don't want to lay anyone off, but we just haven't rebounded as fast as we have to. 

Is there any way that this can not mean the company is planning to close our site? It's not like we are the headquarters, or anywhere especially important. I guess my only real question is whether the people will be tossed overboard as well, or whether they will just ask us to work from home permanently so they can stop paying rent.

I guess I'll know soon enough.
    



Sent from my iPhone

No comments: