Monday, May 31, 2021

Directionless


I wish that I knew where to go from here,
Which way to turn to find another post.
I'm searching, but I just don't find it clear.

My resume's redone, or pretty near;
Though writing it, I find it hard to boast. 
But boasting's key to moving on from here.

On paper, yes, I've had a long career.
I should be more experienced than most.
But does it help? Well, that part's not so clear.

If I'm too old, folks worry I'll cost dear,
Or won't adapt. Of course I quick riposte,
But it means fewer ways to go from here.

What industry is hiring big this year?
With what new topics should I be engrossed?
The trend of business fashion's rarely clear.

I sit and stare, and -- idling -- start to fear
My working days have fled and I'm a ghost.
I wish that I knew where to go from here.
But even my desires are all unclear.
    

No comments: